Friday, August 13, 2010

You've Arrived!

Dear William,

Here's the story of your arrival...

You were scheduled to arrive on Thursday, August 5th because mommy was going to be induced into labor.  Our doctor, Dr. Pignotti, said that one way or another you were coming out on the 5th. 

Well, you decided it was time to come sooner, because my water broke at 7am on Tuesday, August 3rd.  Daddy had just arrived at work when mommy called to let him know that I was pretty sure my water broke, but that I thought there would be more water.  I did a little internet research and called Grandma and Papa and YaYa and they all thought my water had broken, so Daddy headed home from work.  We got to the hospital about 9am and Daddy dropped me at the door to wait while he parked the car.  Well, while he was parking, my water REALLY broke, just like in the movies, except MUCH less cool. 

We were wheeled up to the labor and delivery floor and assigned a room.  Once in the room, I was hooked up to all kinds of monitors to make sure you and I were both doing okay through the labor.  Plus, I was hooked up to an IV and the induction drug, Pitocin, was started.  I started having contractions about 1pm, but I never dilated past one cm, so the doctor recommended a c-section.  We were headed to the operating room at 4:45pm.  Grandma, Grandpa, Papa, YaYa, Babcia and Uncle Eric were there to see Mommy and Daddy off to surgery. 


When you were born, Daddy went with the nurse to your bassinet for your check-up.  You must have been glad to be out of Mommy's tummy because you kept stretching your arms and legs.  You grabbed Daddy's finger during most of your exam!



Your Daddy cut the umbilical cord. 

The nurse put one of your foot prints on Daddy's hand. 

You arrived on August 3, 2010 at 5:03 p.m. You weighed in at 8 pounds, 7 ounces and 20 1/4 inches long. Mommy and Daddy are SO excited that you are finally here.  We already love you more than we can say!




In addition to all the grandparents, Aunt Kristen and Uncle Dave and Avery, Aunt Jenna and Uncle Rett and Uncle Eric all came up to our hospital room when we got there.  Mommy and Daddy asked for an "in-room admit" so you never left our side the whole time!


We love you so much already!  We can't wait to watch you grow.

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment